Volunteering for the Guthrie Chamber of Commerce is a great way to get involved in your community.
Volunteering with the Guthrie Chamber of Commerce demonstrates professionalism and your commitment to the Community. Volunteering with the Chamber gives you credibility within your business community and symbolizes the stability and interest your company has in both Guthrie and the Guthrie business community.
The Guthrie Chamber of Commerce offers its members the following volunteer opportunities:
- Participating in Chamber committees.
- Participating in the Chamber’s Ambassador program: Get out and meet our new members.
- Assist at monthly networking events such as morning and evening mixers, speaker luncheons, special events, community events, and more.
- Providing articles, news items and press release information for the Chambers Monday memo and web site.
- Providing items of interest or photos for the Chamber’s weekly E-blast, Facebook and Twitter postings.
- Participating in and attending member grand openings, ribbon cuttings, and anniversary events.
- Photography of Chamber and/or Guthrie noteworthy businesses, offices and buildings for the Chamber web site.
- Participating in the Chamber’s advocacy activities before the Guthrie City Council
- Speaking or presenting at training and information workshops.
- Providing great front desk help to assure everyone that comes through the doors or calls has a great experience and feels valued.
"I joined the Chamber to help bridge the gap between the business community, the City of Guthrie, organizations, our schools and neighbors because we are all invested. When we work together with the help of the Chamber, we thrive as a community. "
Menecca Gibbs, Owner of Cleveland & Co. Mercantile
"I love being an investor in the Guthrie Chamber of Commerce. It's great to be a part of the business community in Logan County. They provide us with a lot of marketing and sponsorship opportunities and our investment is well worth it every year!"
Blake Wimsey, Foundation Insurance & Risk Management
"The Guthrie Chamber of Commerce is a great partner in the community. As an active Church, it is important to us to be connected to businesses and other organizations that value relationship within the community. The Chamber goes above and beyond to make sure everyone stays connected with weekly events and fun activities. We love being a part of the Chamber!"
Ronnie Fields, First Christian Church
"The Guthrie News Leader regularly partners with the chamber as our goals are the same: connect businesses to the community. We not only enjoy attending the events the chamber presents, but also co-sponsoring events together. We’ve met new customers, contacts and lifelong friends through the chamber and we consider them part of our team."
Karan Ediger, Publisher for the Guthrie News Leader